Sometimes in order to make something work, you have to let it rest for a while. In the case of The Borstal Boys’ new single, Don’t Let Life Pass You By, this remains true: the song has been recorded, scrapped, edited and re-recorded three times since it was first penned by songwriter Rocky Lamonde.
Lamonde is a founding member of the Pittsburgh-based seven-piece rock outfit who boast members with a collectively massive amount of experience in the music industry. Featuring past members from Torn and Frayed, Dirty Charms, and Rusted Root, the band takes their name from a song by The Faces – one of the many bands from which The Borstal Boys draw influences.
Don’t Let Life Pass You By, in its ready-for-release form, is a testament to the band’s talent and creativity. A bluesy rock and roll effort, it sees the band exalting the importance of taking chances as they come, and reflecting on lost friends and opportunities. Showcasing a songwriting style that puts mutual collaboration above all else, The Borstal Boys are an ever-evolving band that remain true to their rock and roll roots. A recent breakout in the Pittsburgh music scene, the next step for this powerful rock outfit is the national stage.
- April 27th // Gibsonia, PA // The Clubhouse
- May 4th // Elizabeth, PA // Butler’s
- May 11th // Turtle Creek, PA // SUB Alpine Society
- May 18th // Pittsburgh, PA // Club Cafe
- May 24th // Millvale, PA // The Funhouse at Mr. Smalls
- May 25th // Kittanning, PA // Sidebar
- June 1st // West Mifflin, PA // Harvey Wilner’s Tavern
- June 21st // Pittsburgh, PA // Thunderbird Cafe
- August 24th // Pittsburgh, PA // Excuses Bar and Grill
- September 7th // Industry, PA // Luanne’s Route 68
- October 11th // Spring Church, PA // Edgewood Winery